Careers at GlenFarrow
Salary dependent on experience – plus bonus and benefits.
GlenFarrow is recruiting a Managing Director for our well-established, soundly financed business based in Spalding, Lincolnshire. The planned retirement of our current MD means new leadership is now needed to drive continued growth and oversee all aspects of operations. The role will report to the Board of Directors. Knowledge and experience of the heating, plumbing and/or electrical industries (or allied fields) is preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead a team of around 50 employees, ensuring they all work to the company’s objectives.
- Play a key role in setting the overall strategy of the company, alongside the board.
- Take responsibility for planning and implementing long term business strategies.
- Ensure company policies, procedures and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and are followed at all times.
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous success in growing and developing a business.
- Successful track record of managing people and resource
- Excellent Commercial awareness and strong financial acumen
- IT literacy with experience of accounting systems
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven experience in carrying out the key responsibilities and duties of this role (or similar). These may include:
- Development of budgets, business and marketing plans and forecasting to achieve company objectives.
- Management of the current resource, recruiting or retaining staff as required. Provide guidance, training, development and motivation to maximise performance. Set and agree targets with Departmental Managers.
- Establish and maintain effective links with key account customers and suppliers.
- Ensure correct policies and procedures are in place for compliance with all health, safety and other statutory regulations.
- Effective problem-solving.
Hours: Our office hours are 07.30- 16.30 Monday – Friday. In line with most senior management roles, the hours worked will be driven by the requirements of the business at any given time. Weekend working may be occasionally required.
A driving licence is essential. GlenFarrow’s customer base is nationwide (and a few foreign) so applicants must be prepared to spend occasional time away from the company’s Lincolnshire base.