Smart EV Charging – how will it benefit you?
What is Smart EV Charging?
Smart EV charging is designed to help electrical vehicle drivers take control of their charging activities.
The charger has the ability to communicate with other devices such as your car, the electricity grid and other EV chargers. When you start charging your car, the charger sends data to the charging operator. This way the operator is able to figure out the best time for your car to charge, how much energy your car needs and what is available.
Why is this good?
1. Fast charging
- Compared to traditional charging sockets (three pin plug-ins), smart chargers have a high charging power. This means that they are able to charge your vehicle at much higher speeds.
2. Lower charging costs
- OZEV (Office for Zero Emission Vehicles) grant approved. This means you could receive £350 to help cover the cost of the installation.
- Your smart charger can avoid charging at peak times and charge when emissions are at their lowest. Charging at optimum times puts less pressure on the grid and could make charging your car a lot cheaper!
3. Greener charging
- Smart EV chargers maximise renewable grid energy use and off-peak energy use.
- You have the option to use solar panel integrated charging.
- You are able to track the co2 you have saved using a smart charger
4. Total control and management
- Control your charger with your mobile phone
- Track your charging history with your mobile
- Integrate with your smart home viral assistant e.g. Alexa
About the Rolec EV WallPod: EV HomeSmart
The HomeSmart EV is a home charging point designed to help EV drivers take control of their charging lifestyle and activities. It is compatible with all electrical vehicles and allows the driver to have full control and management over their charging point.
Suitable for: Home Charging
- Type 2 socket or type1/ type 2 tethered lead.
- 3.6kW (16A) & 7.2k (32A) charging speeds
- OZEV grant funded
- Supplied with external overload & fault current protection.
- Built-in LED charging status indicator and DC sensitive protective devices.
- Corrosion resistant, fire retardant and impact resistant design.
The EV driver can interact with the SmartHome WallPod using their smart phone. Click here to find out more about the HomeSmart app features.
Our GlenFarrow electrical engineers are now Rolec approve car charger installers. You can find out more about GlenFarrow EV charger installations here: https://campaigns.glenfarrow.co.uk/domestic-ev-charger-installation
Or to book yours, call Rob Black on 01775 722327.