The regulations for servicing biomass boilers accredited to the RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme) have changed from 1st April 2022. Biomass boilers must now be serviced by an approved HETAS engineer and they must meet the HETAS 030 Biomass Maintenance Standard.
What is HETAS?
HETAS is a non-profit organisation which is committed to helping people make cleaner and safer choices in the use of biomass and other solid fuels and technologies.
What is the HETAS 030 biomass maintenance standard?
This is a new registration scheme from HETAS has been launched to demonstrate competency in the servicing and maintenance of domestic and commercial biomass appliances. It follows research by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) which acknowledge that poorly maintained appliances emit particulates that damage air quality, and that a lack of operator knowledge and maintenance are one of the primary reasons for increased emissions. The new scheme recognises competent maintenance businesses and raises the importance of burning the correct fuels.
Our engineers are HETAS approved
All of our biomass engineers are fully HETAS registered to service GlenFarrow, Heizomat and all other types of biomass boilers accredited to the Renewable Heat Incentive to prove they are being properly maintained.
Benefits of a GlenFarrow biomass boiler service:
- One, three and five year discount maintenance plans available
- Keeping annual servicing up-to-date is a requirement of the RHI scheme – every site audit will request your records
- You’ll maximise your RHI payments if your boiler runs efficiently and reliably
- Improving your boiler efficiency may help to reduce your fuel consumption costs
- You’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns, downtime and potentially lost RHI payments
To book a service for your biomass boiler call Wayne Flowers on 01775 722327.